CineBloom Diffusion Filter
Our CineBloom Diffusion Filters are the secret sauce for capturing dreamy, film-like footage. Escape the clinical, ultra-sharp look of digital with this specialty glass. Available in densities of 10% and 20%, they not only catch and bloom light but soften hard edges and provide a smoothing effect on skin tones, making wrinkles less noticeable. The glass itself is made by fusing a microlayer of NanoBlack particulates between two layers of top-grade Japanese filter glass, allowing us to maintain full image quality. The ring of the filter is precision machined from aerospace-grade metal and designed to be thin enough to stack underneath another filter without compromising the field of view. This means you can use an ND or VND on top of it for shooting cinematic frame rates and capturing motion blur. Take your footage to new cinematic heights with CineBloom from Moment.
Features and Compatibility
- Available in densities of 10% (1/2), and 20% (1)
- Premium Japanese Optical glass for superior image clarity
- Easily stacks underneath Moment Variable ND Filters
- Knurled grip for easy removal
- Uncoated glass ensures maximum effect and strength of bloom
- Works with any standard center pinch lens cap (like the one you already have for your camera lens)
- Available for standard camera lens sizes 37-82mm
What Is A Diffusion Filter
A diffusion filter is often used to create a glowy haze spreading out the light across the etched filter surface, while still maintaining crisp contrast and sharpness. It’s the effect of bending a percentage of image-forming light from its original origin to defocus. The filter’s tiny pattern of haze will also help alter the bokeh to a more creamy state. I’m truly amazed at how well it captures a beautiful haze around the light to soften the details of my subject, while still retaining the sharpness of the individual hairs and details of the eye.
- Filter Glass: Premium Japanese Optical Glass
- No Coatings: Uncoated glass ensures maximum effect and strength of bloom
Which Version Should I Get?
- Everday shooting
- Soft cinematic look that takes away the digital edge
- Flattens contrast
- Softens both bright and dim light
- Diffuses direct harsh sunlight
- Made for a more stylised vibe
- Eludes an ultra dreamy-like trance
- Gives a nod to film-like imagery
- Aims to clear skin blemishes and lessen wrinkles
- Products an overall "warmer" tone
With 20% CineBloom Filter
Without CineBloom Filter
Makes Your Digital Creations Look Like Film
The Moment CineBloom diffusion filter is the perfect testament to film-like photos without breaking the bank on film stock. It produces a beautiful hazy glow around lit subjects and light sources, creating a unique style straight out of the camera. It's a classic look that you wouldn't otherwise be able to manipulate in Photoshop.
The glass is made by fusing a micro layer of NanoBlack particulates between two layers of top-grade Japanese filter glass, allowing us to maintain full image quality. The filter's tiny etched pattern also helps alter the bokeh to soften the appearance of harsh light without sacrificing image quality.
- Available in densities of 10% (1/2), and 20% (1).
- Premium Japanese Optical glass for superior image clarity.
- Uncoated glass ensures maximum effect and strength of bloom.
Escape the clinical, ultra-sharp look of digital with this specialty glass. It not only catches and blooms light but has a smoothing effect on skin tones, making wrinkles less noticeable.
- Softens the footage/image without losing quality.
- Makes highlights bloom.
- Softens and smooths the appearance of wrinkles and blemishes in skin.
- Easier retouching in post.
Works With Your Gear
Not only do our CineBloom filters work with standard camera lens thread sizes, but they also work with the standard center pinch lens caps you already have for your camera lens, unlike other options on the market.
Take your mobile videos to the next level. The 67mm CineBloom Filters work with our 67mm Filter Adapter so you can use them with your Moment lenses.