Anamorphic Lens - Blue Flare
The Moment Anamorphic Lens with Blue Flare brings that early 1960’s cinematic look to your phone. Inspired by JJ Abrams films, this lens gives you that brighter, sci-fi looking flare when shooting into headlights, street lights, or directional lights. To create these classic anamorphic lenses we tailored our blue coatings to produce a distinct flare that works well with all the latest camera phones. Designed with our premium cinema glass, you get edge-to-edge clarity and true Anamorphic flare.
Lenses require a compatible Moment M-series case or lens mount to be used. Contact us if you are unsure about compatibility with your device.
Features and Compatibility
- Features our M-series interface with a simple twist-and-lock design.
- Works with all our M-series cases.
- Works with a 67mm filter and our Lens Filter Mount
- Works with the latest Apple, Google, Samsung and OnePlus devices.
- Mounts over the wide or tele lenses on your camera phone.
- 1.33x anamorphic gives you an organic look.
- Emulates 2.40:1 Cinemascope.
- Made with aerospace grade metal and the same hand-polished glass used for high-end 4K film lenses.
- Weight: 37.6g
- Dimensions (HxLxW):21.85 x 33.25 x 30.25mm
- Magnification Ratio: 1.33x Horizontal Squeeze
- Aspect Ratio (Video): 2.40:1 Cinemascope (after de-squeeze)
- Distortion: Vintage Anamorphic barrel type distortion
- Later Colour: Minimised
- Design: 2 cylindrical elements
- Lens coating: Anti-reflection coatings create vintage horizontal flares
- Orientation: Unidirectional, mount can be rotated 90 degrees depending on mobile device
What does an Anamorphic Lens Do?
An Anamorphic lens turns normal phone video into a 16:9, wide screen movie. It makes video appear smoother and then when you get the right light hitting the lens it creates these yummy flares on your footage. We bring a cinema style of video to your phone.
What You Get With Anamorphic - Wider Field-of-View
Typical lenses shoot a 16:9 aspect ratio, while the Anamorphic Lens captures at 2.40:1 making it ideal for widescreen viewing. In other words, you can capture a super wide-angle image with the inherent shallow depth of field and perspective of a telephoto lens.
Without Anamorphic Lens
With Anamorphic Lens
True Black Bars
A classic cinematic look is to put black bars on top and bottom of the video. Without an anamorphic lens you have to cut off the footage on the top and bottom of the scene. With Anamorphic you don’t have to do that. The lens organically captures that wider 2.40:1 aspect ratio.
Horizontal Anamorphic Flares and Artefacts
You know those drool-worthy horizontal flares that you see in Hollywood movies, yeah we love them too! True anamorphic lenses have unmistakable horizontal lens elements instead of the spherical elements found in most camera lenses. These cylindrical optics and vintage style coatings create unmistakable oval bokeh, unique light artifacts, and horizontal lens flares found in vintage anamorphics.
Works On Lots Of Phones
This Anamorphic is part of our M-Series lenses that is compatible with the latest iPhone, Pixel, Galaxy, and One Plus Phones. One thing that makes Moment lenses unique is the detail we put into the metal body of the lens and the interface on the bottom. Made from an aerospace grade metal we ensure each lens smoothly rotates in and out of our Moment Cases.
Creators Love This Lens
With the Moment Anamorphic we set out to make a lens that filmmakers and photographers would love. We believe we’ve accomplished that.
Amazing For Photo Too
Not a filmmaker? The perspective of the Anamorphic Lens makes for unique stills with oval bokeh and a wide field of view that’s perfect for landscapes and portraits.
Photo By: @cameracaleb (love your work on the Youtube channel)