Expanding Thunderbolt 3 Based Networks
CalDigit’s high-performance Thunderbolt 3 10Gb Ethernet Adapter brings next-level 10GbE to Thunderbolt 3 enabled Mac and Windows laptops. For users looking to connect their latest Thunderbolt 3 computers to a server or Local Area Network, the Connect 10G not only brings performance up to 10Gb/s, but it also connects over distances of 100 meters. A perfect solution to boost up Enterprise, SMB, Studio, Gaming, and Home Networking.
For professional video users working with 4K video in a shared editing environment, the Connect 10G will allow your Mac or PC workstations to join a shared storage environment for easier file access and collaboration.
The 40Gb/s throughout of Thunderbolt 3 makes it the ideal interface for a 10GbE Adapter. The extreme performance possible through Thunderbolt 3 means lightning fast performance.
Need to access your work computer from home? The Connect-10G features Wake-on-LAN that allows you to wake up your computer remotely to access your files.
Replaceable Thunderbolt 3 Cable
The Connect 10G includes a user-removable 0.5m Thunderbolt 3 cable that is certified to delivering a full 40Gbps bandwidth and charges up to 100W. Users can easily replace or swap Thunderbolt 3 cable on the fly.
No external power is required to use the Connect 10G. It draws power straight from the Thunderbolt 3 port.
Audio Video Bridging*
The Connect 10G features AVB over Ethernet. This means that the adapter follows a set of IEEE standards in order to ensure that audio and video are transferred in real time over the ethernet port without any delay. (*Your Network Switch or Router must also support AVB features.)
If you already have an existing Cat 5e or Cat 6 twisted-pair copper cabling network set-up that cannot exceed 1Gbps over 100M, the Connect 10G features NBASE-T technology that will allow you to achieve data transfer rates that exceed 1Gbps without having to replace your existing Cat 5e and Cat 6 twisted-pair copper cabling network.
NBASE-T will allow existing Cat 5e and Cat 6 twisted-pair copper cabling users to achieve speeds of 2.5Gbps and 5Gbps. (Requires a network switch that can support NBASE-T.)
Premium 10GbE Controller
Utilising a powerful premium 10GbE controller, the Connect 10G is capable of high-performance throughput with optimum reliability for the most demanding 10GbE networks. Turn your MacBook Pro’s networking capability to iMac Pro’s level!
The Connect 10G is a bus-powered network adapter and has a stunning aluminium build-quality. This allows its internal components to stay cool and remain quiet while securely connected to the host.
A set of small LED indicators on the Connect 10G offers at-a-glance information on the status of your connection. The Connect 10G’s smart Speed LED indicators allows you to instantly know the status of your 10GbE connection. If the Connect 10G’s LED is Green, it indicates that it is connected to a 10GbE network, and if it is Yellow, it indicates performance under 10GbE.
Mac & PC
Whether you’re using a Mac or Windows Thunderbolt 3 computer, you can connect to a powerful 10GbE network. Windows users require a one-time Windows Driver install available to download here.
- 10X Faster - The Connect 10G offers 10x the performance of a traditional 1Gbps Ethernet port found on most computers. Transfer files faster and more efficiently than ever.
- 10GbE Over Thunderbolt 3 - The beauty of LAN based networks is that you can transfer files over distances up to 100 meters. This makes the Connect 10G ideal for shared storage environments.
- 100 Metres - Fast networking is no longer confined to desktop computers. Any Thunderbolt 3 laptop can benefit from a shared network.
- 1x Thunderbolt 3 (Type-C) Port
- 1x RJ45 10Gbps Ethernet Port
- 100 meters over Cat 6a at 10 Gbps
- 100 meters over Cat 5e at 5 Gbps/2.5 Gbps/1 Gbps/
- 100 Mbps (requires no change to existing cabling)
- IEEE 802.3an/bz standard
- Audio Video Bridging (ABV)
- Wake-on-LAN (WoL)
- Windows: up to 16 Kbytes.
- macOS: up to 9000 bytes
- Windows 10 or higher
- macOS High Sierra (version 10.13.6 or higher)
- Thunderbolt 3 Computer
- Dual colour Speed LED
- Single colour Link/Act LED
- Bus-powered Operation – No Power Adapter Required
Dimensions and Weight
- Length: 3.83 inches (97.4 mm)
- Width: 2.79 inches (71 mm)
- Height: 1.69 inches (43 mm)
- Weight: 0.77 lbs (350g)