Expanding Thunderbolt 3 Based Networks
CalDigit’s high-performance Thunderbolt 3 10Gb Ethernet Adapter brings next-level 10GbE to Thunderbolt 3 enabled Mac and Windows laptops. For users looking to connect their latest Thunderbolt 3 computers to a server or Local Area Network, the Connect 10G not only brings performance up to 10Gb/s, but it also connects over distances of 100 meters. A perfect solution to boost up Enterprise, SMB, Studio, Gaming, and Home Networking.
For professional video users working with 4K video in a shared editing environment, the Connect 10G will allow your Mac or PC workstations to join a shared storage environment for easier file access and collaboration.
The 40Gb/s throughout of Thunderbolt 3 makes it the ideal interface for a 10GbE Adapter. The extreme performance possible through Thunderbolt 3 means lightning fast performance.
Need to access your work computer from home? The Connect-10G features Wake-on-LAN that allows you to wake up your computer remotely to access your files.
Replaceable Thunderbolt 3 Cable
The Connect 10G includes a user-removable 0.5m Thunderbolt 3 cable that is certified to delivering a full 40Gbps bandwidth and charges up to 100W. Users can easily replace or swap Thunderbolt 3 cable on the fly.
No external power is required to use the Connect 10G. It draws power straight from the Thunderbolt 3 port.
Audio Video Bridging*
The Connect 10G features AVB over Ethernet. This means that the adapter follows a set of IEEE standards in order to ensure that audio and video are transferred in real time over the ethernet port without any delay. (*Your Network Switch or Router must also support AVB features.)
If you already have an existing Cat 5e or Cat 6 twisted-pair copper cabling network set-up that cannot exceed 1Gbps over 100M, the Connect 10G features NBASE-T technology that will allow you to achieve data transfer rates that exceed 1Gbps without having to replace your existing Cat 5e and Cat 6 twisted-pair copper cabling network.
NBASE-T will allow existing Cat 5e and Cat 6 twisted-pair copper cabling users to achieve speeds of 2.5Gbps and 5Gbps. (Requires a network switch that can support NBASE-T.)
Premium 10GbE Controller
Utilising a powerful premium 10GbE controller, the Connect 10G is capable of high-performance throughput with optimum reliability for the most demanding 10GbE networks. Turn your MacBook Pro’s networking capability to iMac Pro’s level!
The Connect 10G is a bus-powered network adapter and has a stunning aluminium build-quality. This allows its internal components to stay cool and remain quiet while securely connected to the host.
A set of small LED indicators on the Connect 10G offers at-a-glance information on the status of your connection. The Connect 10G’s smart Speed LED indicators allows you to instantly know the status of your 10GbE connection. If the Connect 10G’s LED is Green, it indicates that it is connected to a 10GbE network, and if it is Yellow, it indicates performance under 10GbE.
Mac & PC
Whether you’re using a Mac or Windows Thunderbolt 3 computer, you can connect to a powerful 10GbE network. Windows users require a one-time Windows Driver install available to download here.
- 10X Faster - The Connect 10G offers 10x the performance of a traditional 1Gbps Ethernet port found on most computers. Transfer files faster and more efficiently than ever.
- 10GbE Over Thunderbolt 3 - The beauty of LAN based networks is that you can transfer files over distances up to 100 meters. This makes the Connect 10G ideal for shared storage environments.
- 100 Metres - Fast networking is no longer confined to desktop computers. Any Thunderbolt 3 laptop can benefit from a shared network.
- 1x Thunderbolt 3 (Type-C) Port
- 1x RJ45 10Gbps Ethernet Port
- 100 meters over Cat 6a at 10 Gbps
- 100 meters over Cat 5e at 5 Gbps/2.5 Gbps/1 Gbps/
- 100 Mbps (requires no change to existing cabling)
- IEEE 802.3an/bz standard
- Audio Video Bridging (ABV)
- Wake-on-LAN (WoL)
- Windows: up to 16 Kbytes.
- macOS: up to 9000 bytes
- Windows 10 or higher
- macOS High Sierra (version 10.13.6 or higher)
- Thunderbolt 3 Computer
- Dual colour Speed LED
- Single colour Link/Act LED
- Bus-powered Operation – No Power Adapter Required
Dimensions and Weight
- Length: 3.83 inches (97.4 mm)
- Width: 2.79 inches (71 mm)
- Height: 1.69 inches (43 mm)
- Weight: 0.77 lbs (350g)
We accept payment via Visa, Mastercard and American Express as well as payment via direct deposit. Orders will not be dispatched until settlement has been received.
Delivery / Shipping
Customers are responsible for providing a current and valid delivery address. Customers must ensure that someone is present at the delivery address to accept goods; a signature may be required. Customers are responsible for all costs incurred by unclaimed goods, refused shipments or subsequent re-deliveries.
Any delivery time information is supplied as an estimate of normal duration of delivery once a product has been dispatched. Delays may occur during shipping or if the product is out of stock.
Please note: Free delivery only applies to orders that are to be delivered in Australia. International orders will receive a shipping quote before orders are processed.
Delivery or error by Try & Byte: If you receive an incorrect product it may be returned within 5 days in its original, unopened packaging. We will re-imburse you for return shipping (shipping method subject to approval by us) and provide an exchange or offer a refund after the product has been returned to us.
Faulty or Dead on Arrival Products: We will replace a product if it is found to be either damaged or not working correctly when it is received ("dead on arrival"). The product must be returned within 7 days of purchase and must be packed in the original, unmarked packaging including any accessories, manuals, documentation and registration that shipped with the product. We will re-imburse you for return shipping (shipping method subject to approval by us). If we no longer have any more of the product in stock then a full refund will be provided.
If a product becomes faulty under normal use at some time after it is received then the product warranty applies (refer below).
Change of Mind: We accept returns for change of mind purchases only in the following circumstances:
- Products are returned to us within 10 days of purchase;
- The product is in its unused, original and unopened packaging. Please ensure the item is securely protected and wrapped when returned to us;
- You will be responsible for all shipping costs in returning the product to us;
- We accept no responsibility for any products lost in transit whilst being returned. We suggest you return the product using Australia Post with tracking or a trackable courier service;
Please note that we do not permit the return of, or offer refunds for the following products:
- Products which have been used, opened or unsellable products;
- Opened software and games;
- Product that is custom configured to your specifications;
- One off customer orders made on a 'no returns' basis.
No product may be returned to us without first contacting us and obtaining an RA (Return Authorisation). If you need to return an item you can contact us using the contact link on our website.